Avaya is pleased to announce the general availability of IP Office Release 9.0 software. IP Office R9.0 delivers innovative new features to enhance user productivity, simplify deployment, configuration and management.
IP Office R9.0 will continue to evolve the IP Office product and solutions with its focus being to position and strengthen the IP Office as a market leader within the SME & Mid-Market segments.
Some of the main themes are described as follows:
Rich UC Collaboration for IP Office users and centralized users when deployed as a Branch Product Offer:
• Multi-party audio conferencing with Flare Experience
• Mobile VoIP client (one-X Mobile Preferred)
• Presence & IM enhancements (e.g. IM in Outlook plug-in, IM group communications, improved experience)
• Avaya SBCE support for IP Office soft-clients
• Remote Worker for SIP clients
Server Edition Enhancements:
• Web Manager
• Contact Store Linux version (name change to Avaya Contact Recorder for IP Office)
• Allows IP Office to co-reside on customer provided hardware alongside other customer applications.
• Efficient use of customer hardware resources
• Lower TCO
The latest versions of detailed release information can be found at www.support.avaya.com
Phone Manager Pro and Phone Manager Pro Softphone NO Longer Available as of R9.0
Avaya has introduced new, user friendly applications for IP Office, including one-X Portal for IP Office and the IP Office Video Softphone. As a result, Avaya will no longer sell (make commercially available) the single user license SKUs for Phone Manager Pro and Phone Manager Pro Softphone, effective 2012. The Avaya Office Worker user solution, which includes one-X® Portal for IP Office, is a recommended replacement for Phone Manager Pro. The Avaya Tele-Worker user solution, which includes the IP Office Video Softphone, is a recommended replacement for the Phone Manager Pro Softphone. Phone Manager is no longer available in Release 9.0 and the Phone Manager Options configuration tab has been removed from Manager.
Upgrades from Release 8.0 and 8.1 to 9.0 are supported.
A system running a release earlier than Release 8.0 must upgrade to Release 8.0 before upgrading to Release 9.0.
Customers using Release 8.0 and earlier will need to purchase an upgrade to get to Release 9.0. Effective with Release 8.1, IP Office Support Services (IPOSS) contracted customers are entitled to no charge IPO software updates/upgrades. For R8.1 customers that are not contracted with IP Office Support Services (IPOSS), an upgrade will need to be purchased to get to R9.0. Before any upgrades of the IP Office commence the IP Office Release 9.0 Administration suite must be installed. Administration suite upgrades are supported from version 8.0, any version prior to this must be removed first before the Administration suite can be installed.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING NEW IP Office “R9.0” SYSTEM INSTALLATIONS:
• Before installing the SD card in the IP500V2, the SD card MUST be inserted into a laptop to recreate it and load R9.0
• Systems that are accidently turned up at R8.1 cannot be upgraded to R9 without an upgrade license.
• R9 needs to be loaded on the SD card before installing the SD card in the IP500V2.
• Do NOT Install the SD card in the 500V2 until the SD has been recreated and R9.0 has been loaded.
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, data solutions and related services to companies of all sizes around the world.
ECS, headquartered in Auburn, WA, is a team of experts ready to help businesses with the important and often complicated decision of finding the best communication solutions for their company, from voice to data. Servicing Washington & Oregon, ECS is an Avaya SME Expert Business Partner focusing on the IP Office platform and specializing in Voice over IP. For more information contact ECS at (253) 886-5400 or visit us on the web at www.GoECS.com