Structured Cabling is a system of cabling and associated hardware that create a complete Voice and Data network infrastructure.
Structured Cabling begins at the point where the carrier/service provider terminates their service. This is the point of demarcation (demarc).
Structured Cabling installations typically include: entrance feeds from demarc, vertical and horizontal backbone pathways, vertical and horizontal backbone cables, horizontal pathways, horizontal cables, work area faceplates and jacks, equipment rooms, backboards, racks, patch panels, and wire management.
Structured Cabling systems are unique based on variations in:
- • Architectural structure of the building or office
- • Cable and connection products (patch panels and jacks)
- • Function of the cabling installation (what are you transmitting)
- • Types of equipment the cabling installation will support ;now, and in the future
- • Configuration of existing system (upgrades and retrofits)
- • Customer requirements
ECS is an authorized Structured Cabling reseller located in Seattle, WA & Portland, OR.
ECS provides local technicians for on-site work installing and servicing a variety of voice/data equipment, ie; Avaya Aura Servers, Gateways, Messaging, Telephones, Firewalls, Ethernet Switches, Low Voltage Cabling, WiFi, CCTV, POS, Paging, etc.
ECS provides services in the states of Washington & Oregon, primarily in the greater Seattle & Portland areas.