Microsoft Exchange is the world’s leading platform for unifying a business’s email, calendar and contacts. More than 470 million mailboxes worldwide leverage Exchange to communicate, collaborate and compete at a Fortune 50 level.
So what is “Hosted Exchange”?
In the past, Microsoft Exchange was deployed on-premises. This meant you needed to buy a server, pay for licenses, and hire an IT person to install and maintain it.
With Hosted Exchange, your Exchange server is installed and managed in the cloud, as a service, with no fees upfront. You get all the functionality of Exchange with none of the overhead. Intermedia performs all installation, maintenance, upgrade and support activities on your behalf for a predictable monthly fee.
Exchange vs. Outlook: What’s the difference?
Many people think Exchange and Outlook are synonymous. They’re not. Outlook is the program you use on your computer to access your email, calendar and contacts, which is powered by Exchange. And while you can actually use virtually any email client with Exchange, Exchange unlocks Outlook’s most sophisticated productivity features.
The cloud vs. on-premises:
There are a dozen reasons to move your Exchange into the cloud, from saving capital to lowering power bills to improving the reliability of your systems.
Capital savings and ROI benefits
• Avoid capital expenditure. There’s no hardware to buy or software to license, so you don’t need to sink your capital into on-premise infrastructure.
• Make your costs more predictable. Intermedia’s services let you consolidate your expenses into simple, monthly per-user fees.
• Reduce your opportunity costs. By freeing your IT staff from maintenance, they’ll be able to stay focused on the value they add to your business.
• Lower your power and Internet bills. With less need for on-premise servers, you’ll use less bandwidth and lower your electric bills.
• Improve your revenue per square foot. Shifting servers into the cloud frees up the real estate you’ve dedicated to on-premise hardware.
Security and business continuity benefits
• Assure the reliability of your systems. Intermedia datacenters possess extensive electrical redundancies, multiple Internet connections and comprehensive data backup strategies.
• Keep your business data safe. Intermedia datacenters far exceed the physical security standards most businesses could achieve on their own.
• Protect yourself from digital threats. Beyond Intermedia McAfee anti-spam and anti-malware tools, they monitor their network 24/7 to protect your data and services.
• Simplify business continuity. Your company data can be accessed from anywhere, at any time, which simplifies disaster planning and recovery.
IT and business agility benefits
• Extend Fortune 500-style communication and collaboration tools. Empower your people with the latest and most powerful business software.
• Stay secure and up-to-date. Intermedia performs upgrades and patches to keep you current without any effort on your part.
• Make your company more mobile. You can access your cloud via desktop apps, the web, or with iOS, Android, Blackberry and other devices.
• Synchronize data across different devices. A user’s work on one device is automatically synced across every other device.
• Develop a hybrid cloud solution. Intermedia offers tools for maintaining elements of your infrastructure on-premise, if you choose to do so.
• Add users and services on the fly. It’s simple to scale your business to bring on new employees, locations, and tools for doing business.
Service and support benefits
• Receive free onboarding and migration. To simplify your transition to the cloud, Intermedia experts set up your cloud environment and move over all your users and their data.
• Rest easy with 24/7 phone and chat support. No matter what time you need Intermedia, They’ll typically answer your calls within 60 seconds.