Avaya one-X Portal for IP Office provides users control of their telephone from a networked PC.
Use this application with any extension; analog, digital or any IP telephone, wired or wireless, that is available as part of the Office Worker, Power User or Teleworker user licenses.
Avaya one-X Portal for IP Office is a server-based application that the user accesses via web browser.
For Telecommuter mode, One-X applications require answer supervision and disconnect detection for proper functioning. As a result, the one-X applications will not work with trunks that do not support answer supervision and disconnect detection.
one-X applications function on trunk types such as PRI, BRI, and SIP, however, they will not function on E1R2, T1 RBS and analog loop start trunks.
System administrators can control if Avaya one-X® Portal for IP Office can be accessed over a secure protocol only, recommended for hosted deployments to provide “secure only” access. The other option is to allow users to access the client over a secure and unsecure protocol (HTTP/HTTPS). The client application forces users to change their passwords and voicemail passcodes to meet the complexity settings configured by the administrator.
Through gadgets, Avaya one-X Portal for IP Office provides the following features:
- • Call information
- • Call and conference control
- • Presence and instant messaging notifications, monitoring and archiving
- • Contact import and export
- • XMPP groups displayed in the System Directory tab
- • Dial to user’s own bridge and invite other users to join
- • Conference call and other meeting scheduling including port reservations, email support and automatic report creation — available within the Outlook interface
- • One-click web conferencing hosting and single sign-on joining web conferences as a participant