Avaya one-X Mobile is an application that mobile users use to connect to IP Office.
Avaya one-X Mobile works in call-back telephony mode. For example, when a user initiates a call from the client, IP Office initiates a call to the caller’s mobile device and then dials the destination. This mode offers cost savings to users in countries where incoming voice calls are free or for users who have a cheaper unlimited voice plan as compared with a data plan.
The one-X Mobile Preferred mobility client also works in Voice over IP (VoIP) mode. In the VoIP mode, the client makes calls over Wi-Fi/3G/4G data networks. The client, using its underlying SIP stack, registers with IP Office over the data network and functions as an office extension. Users in countries where incoming calls are charged will see a significant cost savings in the VoIP mode especially when on Wi-Fi networks.
The availability of both call-back and VoIP modes on the mobility client will enable users to toggle between the modes based on their network connections. This will empower end-users to make a choice of the appropriate mode based on their voice and data plan as well as the availability and quality of their data connection (WiFi/3G/4G).
- • The user can choose the call-back mode when he or she doesn’t have Wi-Fi access and the
• 3G data connection is not providing good quality for voice.
- • The user can choose the VoIP mode when he or she has access to a mobile hotspot where a
• Wi-Fi data connection is available or when the 3G or 4G data connection is good.
One one-X Mobile Preferred mobility client supports VoIP mode on both iOS and Android devices.
VoIP mode is available with the Power User profile.
Users with Mobile Worker profiles can only use call-back mode.
VoIP mode does not require an IP endpoint license.
The following features are available:
- • Ring-tone selection
- • High bandwidth or narrowband codec selection based on the network connection available
- • Bluetooth headset audio control on VoIP calls
- • Conference screen
- • Contact phone number selection
- • Voicemail priority indicator
- • Swipe support for instant messaging on home screen
- • Group action support
- • Emoticons
- • CLID lookup in contacts for calls
- • Send voicemail as WAV in email
- • Enable or disable mobile twinning (simultaneous ring)
- • Enable or disable DND (send all calls)
- • Call log combined with voicemails in the event history
- • Call monitoring to see and interact with all calls
- • VoIP mode dial plan
- • Transfer calls as a third-party call controller (3PCC)