Find out what more than 12 million users on more than 350,000 telephone systems deployed worldwide already know about the Avaya IP Office, the Winner of TMC Labs 2013 Innovation Award for significant creativity and originality.
In 2012 Internet Telephony magazine named Avaya IP Office its Unified Communications Product of the Year. Selection was based on quality and excellence in addressing the real needs of small-to-midsize businesses.
The Avaya IP Office is designed to enhance workforce flexibility and offers a wide range of benefits and capabilities including:
• Scale: Supports up to 2,000 users per service with centralized licensing and management.
• Video Collaboration: Enables rich, fully interactive, multi-party video conferencing for users inside and outside the corporate network.
• Mobility: Extends service to personal devices. Make calls, check voice mail, send instant messages and see presence status from an Apple iPad or Windows device.
• Microsoft Lync Integration: Click to call contacts, switch from IM to a call, and access the corporate directory without costly voice licenses, complex administration, or server modifications.
• Simplified Networking: Avaya ERS 3500 series switches deliver one-minute plug-and-play set up with Avaya IP phones.
In 1995, the company that would become Avaya was part of Lucent Technologies. Before that it had been part of AT&T. No matter its corporate parent, the employees were dedicated to understanding how communications could be a management tool, getting better and changing as business changed.
In 2000, Lucent’s management decided to spin off this business (Avaya), which was then known as its enterprise communications group. The objective was to give the people who knew the business best the flexibility and focus to accelerate innovation and improve operations.
Avaya’s IP Office solutions are designed to meet communications challenges facing small and mid-sized businesses. Avaya IP Office, the award-winning, global flagship small and mid-sized solution, helps simplify processes and streamline information exchange within systems. Communications capabilities can be added as needed, and Avaya IP Office connects to both traditional Analog & T1/PRI lines as well as the latest IP (SIP) Phone Lines—to give growing companies flexibility and the ability to retain and use their existing investment.
ECS, headquartered in Auburn, WA, is a team of experts ready to help businesses with the important and often complicated decision of finding the best communication solutions for their company, from voice to data. Servicing Washington & Oregon, ECS is an Avaya SME Expert Business Partner focusing on the IP Office platform and specializing in Voice over IP. For more information contact ECS at (253) 886-5400 or visit us on the web at www.GoECS.com